Roof cleaning is a significant part of roof maintenance. After all, most roofing problems are caused by accumulated leaves, dirt, and debris. As a roofer with extensive experience in roof cleaning and maintenance, let S.C.I. share with you these things that you should know about roof cleaning.
- You can extend your roof’s lifespan – A clean roof is less likely to develop problems like rot and decay, which could lead to expensive repairs or even a complete roof replacement. Regular roof cleaning, combined with a routine scheduled maintenance, can keep your roof in top shape, and extend its lifespan beyond its expected service life.
- Your roof can better resist extreme weather – Another important benefit of having a clean roof is that it will more likely keep its shape when subjected to extreme weather. The problem with accumulated leaves or dirt is that they collect moisture, which could later freeze and damage even newly-installed roofing.
- It keeps your gutters clean – Clean roofs also help keep your gutters clean. It may sound insignificant, but clear and fully functional gutters prevent bigger problems, from destroyed landscaping to irreversible damage to the house foundations caused by clogged gutters.
- Roof algae are more than just ugly – Algae on the roof truly is an unwelcome sight, especially if you have light-colored roofs. But it’s more than just an aesthetic concern: algae feeds on certain components of asphalt shingles, causing premature deterioration and shortening its lifespan. Plus, if you had opted for a cool roof, algae negates your roof’s energy efficiency. Using chemical solutions to get rid of algae is risky, not just for your roof but for yourself and your family, so it’s best to leave the roof cleaning to professionals, like ourselves.
- Roof cleaning saves you money in the long run – Professional roof cleaning is a relatively cheap roofing service. Factor in the money you’ll save from potential major repair and maintenance work, plus the energy savings from a roof working at top efficiency, the money you spend on professional roof cleaning will practically pay for itself over time.